Friday, July 31, 2015

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Cauliflower Crust Pizza
So tonight, I had absolutely nothing better to do than to try out a new recipe!!! YAY!! I actually combined a few different ones together & made my own due to some ingredients in others that I was just not too crazy about. I am pretty impressed with myself because I just do not "create" recipes on my own people! lol!

I had never had cauliflower crust before, so I didn't really know if this would taste good, what the texture would be like, if it would be soft, crispy or what. SO, if you have never had this, let me just say that you definitely cannot compare this to a "dough". It is on the softer side too. I ate it with my fork; which I tend to eat pizza with anyway. It really has a great flavor..not what I had expected with the texture though, but hat was because I was expecting more of an ordinary "pizza crust".

This recipe is for one 'personal size' pizza, so if you are planning to feed more than one mouth, plan accordingly.

Dough:
  • 1 Cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1lg clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 egg
  • pinch of sea salt & fresh ground pepper
 Toppings:
  • Pizza Sauce (I used Trader Joe's)
  • 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
  • pinch of dried oregano
  • any other toppings of your choice (I used zucchini, mushrooms, heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil & pesto)
Pre-heat oven to 430F and pop a pizza tray in there while its heating up.
Grate the cauliflower until it looks kind of like 'rice'. (about 3 cups).
 Put it in a bowl & place a plate over the top. Microwave for 4min. Dump out onto the center of a tea towel to cool down. While it cools, grate the cheese and put it into a mixing bowl. Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, pull up the edges of the towel and wring all the moisture out. REALLY SQUEEZE IT ALL OUT! Then throw it into the bowl with the cheeses.

Add the oregano, garlic & egg.

Stir it all together.

Lay a piece of parchment paper or wax paper onto a cutting board and rub a little bit of olive oil down.

Form your "dough' into a round pizza shape on the paper. Give it some nice round, pizza-ry edges.

Take the pizza pan from oven & carefully slide the paper and the base across onto the pan (CAREFULLY) and put it back into the oven for about 15-20min.

Pull it out when it looks nice & golden like this
Spread sauce, cheese, oregano & toppings. Place pizza back into the oven for another 5-8min or until it all melted & bubbly. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment